Friday, September 14, 2012

Yarn: Remembering the Way Home, by Kyoko Mori

Yarn: Remembering the Way HomeYarn: Remembering the Way Home by Kyoko Mori
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From Amazon: A memoir of crossing cultures, losing love, and finding home by a New York Times notable author. As steadily and quietly as her marriage falls apart, so Kyoko Mori's understanding of knitting deepens. From flawed school mittens to beautiful unmatched patterns of cardigans, hats and shawls, Kyoko draws the connection between knitting and the new life she tried to establish in the U.S. Interspersed with the story of knitting throughout, the narrative contemplates the nature of love, loss, and what holds a marriage together.

My Review:
Such an honest and heart warming/breaking story- 
I struggled to push thru this one but glad I did finish-

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment